FRANS MORTELMANS 1865-1936
Monography - Edition 2002: "Stichting Lodewijk Mortelmans vzw",
at the occasion of the commemoration of 50th anniversary of the death of Lodewijk Mortelmans (1868-1952)
Written by Em. Prof. Dr. Guido Persoons, Emeritus Professor, Musicology, Catholic University of Leuven, President of the Royal Association for encouragement of Fine Arts, Antwerp
A first attempt to study the work of Frans Mortelmans was the organisation of an exposition with a limited collection of his works at the Royal Museum of Fine Arts.
- 54 pages containing full color pictures
- ISBN 90-807425-1-1
- Sales price excl. shipment : 10 EURO
- Preface by Dr. Paul Huvenne, General Director of the Royal Museum of Fine Arts, Antwerp
- Introduced by Norbert Hostyn, Former Curator of the Museum of Fine Arts and Muzee in Ostend, and of the James Ensor studycenter
- A Synthese 'De Vlaamse toondichter Lodewijk Mortelmans' (The Flemisch composer L.M.) by Jan De Wilde, Coordinator Study Centre of Flemisch Music
- Themes : perspective, waterpainting, drawing formations at the Academy in Berchem and at the Royal Academy for Fine Arts, Art Circles, De Scalden, ...